SURVEY: MINIMUM WAGE INCREASE?By
IMA® surveyed a sample of its senior financial professional members to gauge the impact of an increase in the minimum wage amount. Some findings were surprising.
- 65% believe that raising the minimum wage would have no or minimal impact on their company’s profit.
- 52% feel that raising the minimum wage would have a negative impact on the growth of the U.S. economy.
- 29% believe that such an increase would result in staff reductions.
- 25% believe their firms would have to cut services or hours in response to a raise in minimum wage.
- 57% don’t believe an increase in the minimum wage would cause their firm to significantly raise prices.
Read the full report in the IMA Pulse blog at http://bit.ly/1RMyN1h.